- Public Engagement
- Contact Us
2013 Smart Start Oklahoma Conference
Thursday April 18, 2013
Please mark your calendar for the 2013 Smart Start Oklahoma Early Childhood Conference - Collaborating for Success: Economic Development for the Next Generation. Now in its third year, this event seeks to bring together a broad array of stakeholders - early childhood practitioners, advocates, business leaders, and policymakers - for high-quality presentations and rich dialogue on the wide variety of fields that impact early care and education.
The two-day conference will begin Wednesday afternoon, April 17th with pre-conference sessions and a full day of sessions beginning Thursday, April 18th. Our featured speakers for the conference include:
- Phil Acord, President and CEO of Children's Home of Tennessee
- Major General Rita Aragon, Oklahoma Secretary of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Jill Haglund, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Christine Johnson-Staub, Center for Law and Social Policy
- Karen Ponder, Smart Start North Carolina
- Gina Ruther, Head Start State Collaboration Director and Acting Child Care Bureau Chief for the Illinois Department of Human Services
- Margie Wallen, The Ounce of Prevention Fund
Don't miss this unique opportunity for two days of quality professional development, networking opportunities, and innovative ideas to promote school readiness in Oklahoma. Click here to register today!
For more information on these events or about our public-private partnerships contact the OPSR Foundation at email@example.com